Brands capitalise on technological infrastructure solutions like DAM software to enhance their brand identity globally
The 2014 Digital Trends report outlines how companies want to increase their exposure on mobile devices and focus efforts towards personalisation and multichannel campaign management. To do this, brands require substantial investment in effective marketing technologies but only 23% of company respondents in the research, believe they have the right marketing technology infrastructure to succeed.
A great opportunity for enterprises to gain a competitive edge is by implementing a resourceful technology platform to meet their needs. The uptake of technological solutions such as Digital Asset Management software is increasing and the solutions are becoming more flexible in the support they offer.
We present some key benefits of how global DAM software’s help enterprises capitalise on maintaining their brand consistency among consumers that are constantly on the go.
Key benefits of enterprise DAM software
- Empowerment – Each enterprise has different ways of communicating brand values across multiple territories. From freelancers, investors, agency partners to senior management, a functional DAM system should never require each user group to be specifically trained. The software should be intuitive and simple to roll out, irrespective of personal technology skills.
- Resourceful – DAM software makes self-sufficiency much easier to manage, allowing teams to concentrate on specific tasks and not get lost in the recovery or discovery of files and assets.
- Brand Unity – It is important when managing a brand within multiple vibrant markets that partners, distributors, franchisee owners, the media etc. are all using the brand assets correctly. When logging into the DAM software, users are presented with an on-brand homepage that further enforces best practice. The system will always offer the correct version of the logo and remind users that the campaign artwork created, uses last year’s seasonal brand assets and needs to be updated.
- User Management – Deciding what a certain user can see and use, allows a greater level of policing, protecting and brand control across all markets. Managing who gets to see what enables brands to avoid conflict or complication, which before would have been resource-intensive, time-consuming and costly.
- Protection – If a brand asset is only allowed to be used in certain parts of the world or for a certain period of time due to copyrights or legal restrictions, the system will mange that for you and not display it in those parts of the world where it cannot be used. If it would happen that an expired or restricted brand asset would be used outside its usage rights, the DAM software can produce an audit file of who has downloaded which asset, when it was used in a campaign and when it got approved, to ensure the necessary steps are in place to protect your brand and react to any mishaps.
While these points outline general benefits, each enterprise has a different approach as how to cultivate their brand culture and best practices amongst its stakeholders. The key point to note is that the DAM software evolves with usage and the more sophisticated solutions that will encompass the brand identity across applications such as resource planning, workflow management, budget allocation, artwork automation, creative review and approval.